05 April 2009

A little invitation assembly help for the betrothed.

Assembling the invitations can be the biggest challenge for a wedding couple. And my invitation designs are always a pain in the booty as I love suggesting fun elements like tea dying the paper to give it a vintage look or stitching to add some fun texture. A lot of my Brides fall head over heals in love with the ideas but it is not in their budget to have me do all the assembly and/ or sometimes they feel that it would be to overwhelming to do it themselves. So for those couples that live in the greater Los Angeles area I will offer a day of assembling where they can come over (with beer of course :) ) and I will do the assembly with them. We just turn it into an assembling party.
This past friday Brett and Bowen, whom we are also photographing their wedding, and I am doing the bouquets and boutonnieres, and we have all now become great friends, came over so we could do the final touches on their invitations. This included a little gluing of the backs to the invite and stitching all around the invite. Bowen brought her own sewing machine so we could both sew together. While we were sewing her fiance Brett attached the little sealing stickers to their rsvp and cut all the twine for tying.. The rsvp is a fold over card with the address on the front the response space on the back and on the inside is a place where the couple has asked all their guests to write down their favorite recipes. Really fun! The invitation is a 2 color letterpress which I will take pictures of the completed suite a bit later...
We had a great time with a little pizza and beer and hopefully it gave them that fantastic feeling of completion! Although they still had to take them home and tie a little twine around it, stuff, lick, stamp and send but the major assembling was finished and nothing was sacrificed, as all the fun design ideas were accomplished with no stress or budget overload. Perfect.
I had my husband pick up the camera and document our little venture.









11 comments:

two brunettes said...

seriously amazing work. Cannot even express how much I love your stuff. Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Love your work and always amazed with the stitching of paper goods. Can you sew them on any machine? Will I ruin my sewing machine? Would love to try but am nervous to go for it. Thoughts? Thanks and keep posting all of your beautiful work!!!

Flush Designs said...

I just use my regular old machine with the same needle I use for everything. It is a lot easier to go straight with a guide as apposed to eyeballing it. :) I sewn on paper a lot and it seems to be great on my machine and it is nothing near a fancy machine.
thanks Anonymous.

chelsea said...

cute! You are so clever.

Katie said...

these are gorgeous!! Love them

MorganRae said...

I just love those! What is the little seal. That say says seal with love. Is it a sticker? If so where did you get them?

Unknown said...

Can't tell you how much I can appreciate this gesture you made for your client. It must have meant the world to her!

Flush Designs said...

morgan rae: those are stickers it is a large sheet of round labels, with a downloadable templet for you to write whatever you want in each circle then I printed it out and cut them down. Paper Source has the round labels.

MorganRae said...

Oh.. I love you! Thank you!

marta said...

all of your invitations are gorgeous.. am a graphic designer myself and am loving your inspirational designs. i can't believe all the pretty personal touches you add to each invite. a labor of love, for sure.

Meda said...

Wonderful story! And such a great idea for couples on a budget.